DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
- In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, like name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
- Since 2001, PLATH AG has been a member of the PLATH Group. The PLATH Group is a group of companies whose headquarters is located in Hamburg. The companies of this group do not only cooperate in the economic field, they also have a common understanding about the protection of personal data. In this sense, the companies in Germany act on the basis of the EU Basic Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), while in Switzerland the Federal Data Protection Act (FADP) must be observed. Both laws have many similarities.
- Responsible for data processing is PLATH AG, Güterstrasse 5, 3072 Ostermundigen, Switzerland (see also under imprint).
- Responsible for the content of this website is also PLATH Corporation GmbH, Gotenstraße 18, 20097 Hamburg (GERMANY). You can reach the data protection officer of PLATH Corporation GmbH at datenschutz or the postal address with the addition "the data protection officer". A data protection agreement has been concluded between PLATH AG and PLATH Corporation GmbH. You can contact both companies to exercise your data protection rights. @ plath.de
- Contact form: For questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via a form provided on the website. It is necessary to fill in the mandatory fields so that we know from whom the request originates and so that we can answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily. Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with [Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR] as well as [Section 2, Art. 4(5) FADP] on the basis of your voluntarily given consent. By providing your email address, you agree that we may contact you through this communication channel. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after completion of your request, unless there is a legal obligation to retain the data.
- If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or we would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
You have the following rights against us regarding the personal data concerning you:
- Right of information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to objection to the processing,
- Right to data portability.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us. For this purpose, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our company headquarters.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
- In the case of mere informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address,
- Date and time of the request,
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
- Content of the request (specific page),
- Access status / HTTP status code,
- Amount of data transferred,
- Website from which the request comes,
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
This data is only stored temporarily and is automatically deleted after a short time.
In addition to the previously mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive associated with the browser you are using. The entity that sets the cookie (in this case by us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer as a whole more user-friendly and effective. This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
Transient cookies. Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. These store a session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the joint session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
When you visit our website, we use the following technically necessary cookie: fe_typo_user. This cookie is a standard session cookie of TYPO3. It stores the entered access data during a user login for a closed area and is automatically deleted after leaving our website. The user data collected through technically necessary cookies are not used to create user profiles. In these purposes also lies our legitimate interest in the processing of personal data according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
§ 4 Collection of personal data when using the career portal
If you would like to apply for a job in our company or in a company of the PLATH Group via our website, you can reach the career portal of the PLATH Group via the link "Career".
Here, the specification and transmission of certain personal data is required via the respective contact form offered.
If you apply for an advertised position, your data will only be processed for the purpose of applying for this specific position. After filling this position and expiration of a period of 6 months, this data will be deleted.
If you send us a speculative application or a flash application via the career portal, your data can be viewed by HR managers who have positions to fill and by HR advisors. We will contact you and invite you to apply if your profile fits a position that needs to be filled. This data will also be deleted after a period of 6 months, unless you have specified otherwise when applying.
The data you enter is temporarily stored in a database on the web server. With the prompt collection of this data (usually on the following working day) by employees of our personnel department, it will be deleted from this database.
We use the services of an external company to implement the functionality of the career portal. A data protection order data processing contract was concluded with this company in accordance with Art. 28 p. 3 GDPR. The collection, storage and processing of the data take place in Germany. The above-mentioned deletion periods apply.
Data processing for the purpose of the application is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent to data collection and data processing.
§ 5 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
- If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this consent at any time. Such revocation affects the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have expressed it to us.
- Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary, in particular, for the performance of a contract with you, which is shown by us in each case in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will review the situation and either discontinue or adjust the data processing or show you our compelling legitimate grounds on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
- Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your advertising objection using the following contact details: PLATH AG, Güterstrasse 5, 3072 Ostermundigen, Switzerland.
§ 6 Data security
- Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology. You can recognize whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
- We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
§ 7 Web analytics
We use the web analytics service Matomo to analyze and improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The Matomo software and the data collected with Matomo are operated, stored and processed exclusively on our own servers.
We use Matomo with an extension to anonymize IP addresses. This means these IP addresses are processed in a shortened form and a direct reference to a person is excluded. Your IP address collected in this way is neither merged with other data collected by us nor passed on to third parties.
If you do not agree with the anonymous storage and evaluation of the data, you have the option to object at any time by mouse click. An opt-out cookie will then be set in your browser with the consequence that Matomo will no longer collect session data. To do this, you must follow this link to our cookie consent banner Home - Solutions for COMINT and EW (plath-ag.ch)/#cmpscreen, click the button "Change settings" and under "Measurement" set the slider at Matomo below to inactive. Finally, "Save+Exit" below.
§ 8 Social networks
Our website does not use social media plugins. Social media plugins such as the Like button are small buttons, e.g. under articles, with which the user can share them with others in a practical way without leaving the website.
Insofar as you find buttons with links to social networks, please observe the data protection information of these providers when using these links.
§ 9 Data portability
You have a right to data portability, provided that the processing is based on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a GDPR) or on a contract to which you are a party and the processing is carried out with the help of automated procedures. The right to data portability in this case includes the following rights, provided that this does not affect the rights and freedoms of other persons:
You may request us to provide you with the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
You have the right to transfer this data to another controller without hindrance on our part.
To the extent technically feasible, you may request that we transfer your personal data directly to another controller.
§ 10 Actuality
You can access and print out the current data protection declaration on the website at any time: